Thursday, February 24, 2011

Homemade Foam Soap

Do you like foam soap? I know I do. That's why this bottle is empty. Well, instead of just oging out and buiying another big refill bottle, I wanted to try something different and homemade, because everything is always better homemade. OK, well, maybe not everything.

For Christmas I received a gift card to Bath & Body Works from my mom and came home with this, ( I won't say how many)
Here's what I did:

Put about 3-4 tbsp. soap into the soap dispenser. I'm and eye-baller so I didn't actually measure it out. Next, fill the rest of the bottle with really warm water. Make sure the flow is slow so it doesn't bubble over. Swirl (don't shake) the bottle until it's all mixed.
And that's it. Really that's it. See how nicely it foams!
It's not as fluffy foam as a brand new bottle but it still washes my hands nicely. Another plus: I only used about 1/4 of the soap bottle. So that means, I'll get 4-5 foam soap bottles full from the one regular soap bottle. love it.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

andrea said...

That's a great idea!

Angie said...

I have always wondered about refilling those bottles too, thanks so much for the tutorial! My whole house loves the foam soap better anyway! Im a new follower:)

Angie @ http://inmysparetime2.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails