Thursday, March 25, 2010

Easter Is Coming

Well, we are back in town. What an adventure we had. I loved seeing my family and taking my husband back to my hometown for the first time. He keeps telling me that he understands my quirks a little more clearly now after spending time where I grew up and with my family. Just for fun, here's a picture of Isaac with his great grandparents. So cute, I could just cry.Anywho, I hope you all are still with me. Here, as promised, are a few of the Easter projects I worked on before we left. Easter in our family is just as important as Christmas. And I try to anticipate and prepare for it just as much. As followers of Jesus, Easter should be just as important as Christmas. Christmas is when God came to us in the form of a baby, but Easter is when Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin. And not only die, but He was RAISED TO LIFE! Our Savior is ALIVE! We really want to teach Isaac, and all our children that Easter is so much more about Jesus than about the bunny and eggs and candy. So in all my crafts, I used easter eggs and colors, but I always tried to add Jesus into it! Here's the first:

Easter Kitchen Towels and Coasters. I got this fabric at a Walmart that was closing down for 75% off. WooHoo. I also got the towels at the dollar tree. I first printed and ironed on the "He is Risen on some white fabric, and "cutely messily"sewed in on the easter fabric. Then I sewed this onto the towels. Super easy.For the coasters, I sewed them right sides together leaving an opening to turn them inside out. Then I pinned the white fabric with the writing onto the easter fabric. Then I sewed around and around until I got to the middle.
Happy Easter everyone. Two more projects to come.

3 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a perfect Easter project!! They turned out fabulous!!!

Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Mom2fur said...

Those are lovely and spring-y. You did a beautiful job!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

They turned out great!! I can't wait to see your other Easter projects!

Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails